Renew BSA Climbing Instructor card for both Level 1 and Level 2 instructors. This will be a two-day evaluation of required instructor skills and a review of the
Renew BSA Climbing Instructor card for both Level 1 and Level 2 instructors. This will be a two-day evaluation of required instructor skills and a review of the updated BSA climbing standards. This is not an overnight event; however, camp sites are available for camping on your own. Food is not provided.
May 22nd 8:00AM – 5:00PM and May 23rd 8:00AM – 3:00PM
Location: HorseThief Butte, WA (Camping at Maryhill State Park, WA)
Pre-requisites: Previous BSA Climbing Instructor Level 1, Level 2, or Director card. Age 18+.
- Level 1 instructors: helmet and harness are suggested, but not required.
- Level 2 instructors: helmet, harness, and climbing gear that you would use in leading a Scout outing.
COVID risk management:
- Masks, distancing, hygiene practices, and sanitization will be used in accordance with Washington State rules for outdoor activities
- Wherever possible, individuals will use their own gear
- We will create and have individuals sign agreements acknowledging COVID risk and participation, in accordance with Council guidelines.
- Total group size is expected to be < 12 individuals. If it becomes larger, we will split into separate cohorts and remain within those.
- We will do a health screening and questionnaire at the beginning of the event.
On-site medical: All instructors are certified for Wilderness First Aid (2020) with special exercises for climbing-related emergencies. We will review medical forms for all participants.
Medical response: In case of medical emergency, the closest emergency response is from The Dalles. Roughly 20 mins to reach the trailhead and another 20 mins to get to the climbing site.
Hydration: Instructors will provide additional water in the parking lot
Contact: Joe Davis at email@example.com
may 22 (Saturday) - 23 (Sunday)
HorseThief Butte, WA (Camping at Maryhill State Park, WA)
Eastern Gorge, Washington