Units and chartered organizations are free to schedule Scout Sunday on any Sunday in February. Cascade Pacific Council Covid-19 Updates Tips for celebrating Scout Sunday during the pandemic. In-person services There are
Units and chartered organizations are free to schedule Scout Sunday on any Sunday in February.
Tips for celebrating Scout Sunday during the pandemic.
There are many ways you can help with in-person religious services, assuming local health guidelines permit them in your area. Be sure to check local and state health regulations, and review the BSA’s COVID-19 FAQs for even more helpful guidance. If you’re good to go, here are a few ways to help:
- Lead a portion of the service. This might include a recap of the unit’s service to its chartered organization, a sermon or the reading of a religious text. Use youth whenever possible.
- Serve as greeters, welcoming guests (from a safe distance) while wearing uniforms.
- Present religious emblems to youth and adults who have earned them in the past year.
- Publicly commit to some act of service to the congregation and announce the plan to everyone.
Even as online worship services become our temporary reality in many places, there’s still plenty that Cub Scouts, Scouts, Sea Scouts and Venturers can do to support their congregation. For example:
- Prepare a prerecorded message from the Scouts to the congregation. This could be anything from a fun, short video to a more extensive “report to the chartered organization,” modeled after the BSA’s own Report to the Nation, that serves as a recap of all that was accomplished in the past year.
- Sing in a virtual choir.
- Use a videoconferencing platform (like Skype or Zoom) to present religious emblems live — or share a prerecorded presentation.
- Create a brief, photo-heavy PowerPoint of Scouts in action over the past year to present to the congregation during worship.
- Incorporate a message into the virtual bulletin or digital program for that day’s services.
- Extend an invitation to the congregation to join your unit.
- Find a way for everyone to individually participate in some kind of Scout Sunday service project.
All Day (Sunday)