Camp ScholarshipsOur Goal in the CPC: Every Youth can Scout. Every Scout can Camp.
Camp4All supports our camps in many ways. Generous contributions from individuals and corporations fund our camp scholarships to ensure that every Scout can experience the magic of summer camp regardless of financial constraints. The impact of this support extends beyond the summer camp experience, fostering personal growth, resilience, and lasting memories in our Scouts.
WHO CAN APPLY: Cascade Pacific Council Scouts for one in-council event per year: Cub and Scouts BSA Summer Camp, NYLT, Horse Trek.
UNIT LEADERS: To apply an awarded camp scholarship to an event click here: Campership Event Registration Instructions
- Only one (1) Camp Scholarship request will be granted per applicant, per year to serve as many Scouts as possible.
- National High Adventure, World Jamborees, National OA Events, and other non-council events are not eligible.
- To be eligible for a Camp Scholarship, the applicant’s family must show financial need. Families within Federal Poverty levels are prioritized for scholarships, based on the total before-tax income of the family and the number of people in the household. Levels can be found at https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines.
- Cascade Pacific Council authorizes funds based on income and extenuating circumstances. The maximum amount of aid per camp/program is 50% of the cost of the camp or program.
- Turn in the application early to ensure consideration. Though we have significantly increased the fund through Camp4All, camp scholarships are limited and are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Scholarships are not available for Out-of-Council Camps, for Scouts or adults from other Councils, or for adult leader camp fees.
- An application must be submitted before the unit’s registration contact can link it to the participant on the event. Check with your Unit to be sure a reservation has been made.
- Once submitted, the primary registration contact must select it on the participant information for the event reservation before it can be processed.
- The name of the applicant and unit information must match exactly what is on the application and on the event registration for it to be linked. Confirm with unit leader.
- The requested amount does not guarantee the final amount that may or may not be awarded.
- A pending camp scholarship balance on the registration does not guarantee that it will be awarded, rather this a pending status to reflect the application being in the review process and may change or be removed once the review is completed.
- The review process may take up to 6 weeks to complete. Unit’s primary registration contact will be notified if approved.
- All requests for Camp Scholarships end two weeks before the start of the event.
- Units are responsible for all fees for each person on their reservation. This is true for Scouts that are awarded scholarships but do not attend, In this case, the scholarship is returned to the scholarship fund and the unit is charged the full event fee for that Scout.
- Fill out the application as completely and accurately as possible.