We are super excited to announce that we’ll be launching a new reservation system this coming January! This new system has a host of great features outlined below.
What’s Happening Now
We have started the internal migration of our registration systems away from Tentaroo into a new program called Blackpug.
We are planning on launching the new system on January 8th. We intend to have all current registrations migrated and be up and running by then.
Listed below are the primary reasons for the change. Our primary focus is to work towards a better Member Experience across the board. We have been taking feedback on several of our systems and believe that this new system can help reduce confusion and frustration.
Reasons for the Change
- Blackpug does not require a unit account.
- Blackpug allows guest reservations.
- Blackpug allows you to shop around activities before you buy. You will be able to see the entire season of Camp and availability.
- Blackpug has a parent page for events to allow for parent access to information and registration information edits.
- Blackpug has a mobile platform.
- Blackpug has a Troopmaster and Scoutbook upload
- Blackpug integrates directly into BSA accounting system.
- Blackpug markets council camps and events throughout the whole country.
- Blackpug user interface is kinder to new users.
Our Launch Schedule
December 13th at 7 p.m.: Pre-Launch Webinar: Watch the Recording
Dec. 18th – January 8th: Tentaroo registration Blackout except for OA events. (OA event registration can be found at https://cpc-oa.org/events/ ) This is to allow us to set up and migrate this information to the new system. NO ONLINE REGISTRATIONS will be available during this time. Instead, you’ll need to call the CPC Service Center at 503-226-3423 to make any reservations.
January 8th: FAQ and Ticket system to be posted
January 8th, 2024: Black Pug Reservation System Launch
January 24th: Post Launch Webinar. (Yes, it will be recorded) REGISTER HERE
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we make this transition. We know it’ll be worth it and we are excited to share the new system with you ASAP!