How Event Promotion Works
District & Council Event Promotion
Here’s our standard event marketing cadence for approved District & Council events and activities:
- Once event is submitted: “Save the Date” added to Compass Points email newsletter.
- Once registration opens: “Registration Now Open” message posted on Facebook as Event. Event web page is created or updated. Event promoted as News item in Compass points. Event-specific email is created and sent to the CPC Member Database, targeted to untit types, districts, etc.
- One Month Out: reminder email sent & Facebook/Instagram reminder posted.
- Two Weeks Out: reminder email sent & Facebook/Instagram reminder posted.
- One Week Out: reminder email sent & Facebook/Instagram reminder posted.
- Optional: “Last chance! Registration Deadline is Tomorrow” message delivered, if needed. (i.e event isn’t full).
- During/After Event: social media posts created. (Text your images to our Marketing Director, Chris Bartell, at (971)337-5922
Scout Unit Event Promotion
The CPC is happy to provide you with flyers, stickers, signage and other promotional tools. Click below to place an order for promotional materials, get digital downloads, and get FREE access to our “Marketing Toolkit” built in Canva. There you’ll find a variety of templates for social media graphics and more. For Canva training, please contact our Marketing Director, Chris Bartell, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact for Generations.
Prepared for Life.
This is more than a motto. It is a manifesto. It is our promise to the community and to every parent and child who Scouts with us. By Scouting in the Cascade Pacific Council (CPC) of the Boy Scouts of America, every youth can learn to make an impact on the world around them and be more prepared for career and life.