Camp Host ProgramServe Others while Enjoying Our Camp Properties
Many weekends throughout the year, packs and troops enjoy camping at any of the 15 camp properties in Cascade Pacific Council. To maximize Scouts’ experience, Camp Hosts, be they Winter Lodge Hosts, Campmasters, or Camp Hosts, play a welcoming and commissioner role at many camps. Camp Hosts typically serve two to four weekends annually.
Camp Host duties include:
- Check-in with camp ranger, collect weekend keys and notes about any special circumstances
- Welcome troops and direct them to campsites
- Collect unit rosters from every visiting unit
- Remind campers of camp rules as needed to ensure safety for everyone
- Return keys, unit rosters, and any reports to the camp ranger before departure
Camp Host benefits:
- Free weekend camping for the host and his/her family, often in cabin housing
- A wonderful feeling of service as you help Scouts and leaders enjoy the camp!
Requirements to be a Camp Host:
- Be age 21 or older.
- Be a registered adult in Boy Scouts of America. Renew annually to retain host status.
- Complete Youth Protection training. Keep current to retain host status.
- Have current first aid / CPR with AED training. Renew as required by training agency to retain host status.
- Annually renew Camp Host status with the council camping department.
Contact a Ranger to get involved
To get involved in this fun program, find a camp you’re interested in below, and contact that camp ranger by clicking their link:
Baldwin: Brian Kittelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Butte Creek: Scott Depaolo – email@example.com
Cooper: Aaron Yoder – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meriwether: Steve Parks – email@example.com
Scouters’ Mountain: Bill Hood – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Our Summer Camps
Cub Scout Camps: Grades K-5
Scouts BSA Camps: Ages 11-18
Why Scout with Us?
Prepare for an unparalleled summer camp experience. Ride with the largest horse herd of any local Scout council, explore the Oregon Coast or adventure into the heart of the Cascade Mountains. See why Scouts across the USA camp with us.