Eagle Scout Scholarships
Join us at 7 p.m. on Sunday, December 4th for the Eagle Scout Scholarship Webinar for Tips, Q&A and More!
Congratulations on Your Achievement!
You have no doubt been told many times that the benefits of participation in Scouting last a lifetime. The same holds true for a college education.
Cascade Pacific Council Eagle Scout Scholarships
The Cascade Pacific Council offers annual scholarships to outstanding Eagle Scouts residing in the Cascade Pacific Council who have distinguished themselves in accordance with the Scout Oath and Scout Law. [In 2022 the council granted 9 scholarships for $2,000 plus the top amount of $4,500!]
To be eligible an Eagle Scout needs to be a high school senior residing in the council service area with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and demonstrated leadership. (Okay to earn the rank in another council.) Download the application form.
- Application: Fully completed, typed application form. Only the first 50 applications will be accepted.
- Essay: One page essay discussing how Scouting has influenced your life and developed your character. Check out these expert tips on how to write a “winning” essary.
- From your Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook: Copy of Eagle Scout Project Report- pages A-C only
- 3-6 key photos of your Eagle Scout Service Project (suggested, not required)
- One Letter of Reference from one of your Scouting leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- December 5, 2022— Application period opens: Only first 50 applications accepted for consideration.
- January 13, 2023— Final submission deadline. Electronic submission preferred but mail or drop off okay.
- February 13-17, 2023— Finalists notified of interview schedule (Please don’t phone for status!)
- Week of February 20, 2023— Finalists interviewed to compete for top scholarship.
- Scholarships presented at council events (All winners are expected to attend. Details TBA.)
Royden M. Bodley Eagle SCOUT Scholarship
Another scholarship available for Eagle Scouts in the council is the Royden M. Bodley Scholarship. To be eligible, you must be an Eagle Scout from Cascade Pacific Council, attend an institution of higher education in Oregon, and pursue an education in forestry, wildlife conservation, environmental science or related fields that will continue your interest in the outdoors. This scholarship is available for up to four years, though an application must be completed annually.
Applications are available online at oregonstudentaid.gov beginning in October with an absolute deadline of March 1st for submission.