December 26, 2021 – January 3, 2021
Download the GooseChase app at the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, click on “Play with a New Account.” Your user name needs to be specific for the purposes of our game, so please make it as follows: yourlastnameunit#, for example MooneyP690. If you have a more common name, please add your first name as well, for example GeorgeSmithT123. This is extremely important so we can easily track each family as they progress.
Next you’ll come to a welcome screen and hit the “Search for Games” button. In the search box, type in ScoutQuest 2.0 Winter Wonderland, and you’ll find our game.
Please note: you will need to be on cell connection or wifi to post your pictures and videos.
Once you are in the game, it’ll ask you to create a team and prompt you to enter the password. Your team is your family. In order to track each family correctly, please use the following team name layout:
LAST NAME, T or P (pack or troop), UNIT NUMBER (ex. SMITHT123 OR SMITHP123).
Once you are in the app, you can look around and play with it to get familiar. You’ll see three “missions” that you can do now, just so you can get the hang of it.
Missions will be accessible after December 23, 2020.
Missions and Submissions:
Once you have your account set up, you may not see much at first. On December 23rd, we will release 3 missions. These are your practice missions, so you can get a feel for how the game will work. You will receive points for them, so here’s what you need to know for each mission you do during the game:
- Each submission will tell you what needs to be submitted (video, photo, video or photo, text).
- Each submission must have the orange flag visible in order to count or this printout of the flag. Submitting is real time, so you cannot use pictures/videos from a different event or outing you may have participated in.
- Not all 500+ missions will be released at one time. Some will be released each day. There will also be a handful of temporary missions, which means they are only available for a limited time.
- You will be notified when new missions are released, when someone likes your submission, and when the judges add or deduct points.
- You can resubmit any mission (except temporary ones) as many times as you need. For example, videos are only 15 seconds long, so you may need to practice a few times before you submit.
- Submissions will begin December 26th and be available until midnight January 3rd, 2021.
ScoutQuest 2.0 and COVID-19 Restrictions:
ScoutQuest is made to be fun, but please keep in mind any state, county and CDC guidelines that your area may currently be restricted to. We’ve tried to keep this mind when building the game, but please respect the rules and regulations as necessary.
Pro Tip: Family Participation is Key!
We created this fun event with the WHOLE family in mind. Yes, there are many scout skills that will be involved but everyone can benefit from learning those. And it’s ok to get a little silly, crazy and creative. As long as you are having FUN, you are playing the game right!
What Happens Next
You’ll notice on the mission titles that there are different categories, so feel free to search for the category that attracts you the most! You’ll also notice that there are different point values, ranging from easy to very difficult. A leader board will automatically populate, so you’ll be able to keep track of where you are against other families. This is a fun way to have some friendly competition with other scouts in your pack or troop and around the council!
During the week, we will have special daily prizes and the judges will add bonus points to those submissions they feel have gone above and beyond!
When reading a mission, take note of how to submit the content needed. It will either say, Photo Only, Video Only, or Photo/Video. You’ll need to submit your evidence accordingly. IMPORTANT: EVERY SUBMISSION MUST HAVE THE SCOUTQUEST FLAG or PRINTABLE FLAG VISIBLE IN IT!
If you have not received your Flag in time for ScoutQuest, please print out and color this Flag:
How to Win
- Do and submit as many challenges as your family can. More challenges means more points.
- Submissions will be accepted through midnight January 3rd, 2021
- Submissions will be featured nightly on the CPC FaceBook page for a prize as judged by the Guest Judges.
- Overall Top 1, 2, and 3 will be the highest aggregate points based on submission and judging at the end of the event.
- Daily prizes will be posted on our Facebook page each night.