Rebuild Butte Creek Scout RanchDevastating Wildfires Destroyed All But One Campsite
Help Us Rebuild Butte Creek Scout Ranch to Welcome Scouts Back to Camp in 2021
This year’s devastating wildfires destroyed all but one of our campsites. Mini-Adirondack’s, group shelters, flag poles, and much of the area surrounding them were burned to the ground. Restoration efforts will be a journey, but we are grateful for your support to get ready for Summer Camp 2021 for our youth. We have had an outpouring of interest to help “Rebuild the Ranch”. Please help by giving or volunteering below.
Register for Workdays
We will be rebuilding our campsites in 3 phases.
- November: POSTPONED
- December through March: minidack kit building
- April through June: campsite rebuilding (older youth will be allowed)
These will be safe, adult-only work weekends and registration is required below.
Give to Camp4All
We estimate that Butte Creek Scout Ranch suffered at least $200,000 in damages. While insurance may cover some of these expenses, we hope that you will help us curb these costs by giving to Camp4All, our fundraising campaing specifically designated for camp expenses.
All donations from individual donors will go to the Camp4All to fund outdoor education opportunities; such as camp attendance scholarships for youth and camp staff scholarships, provide program supplies and equipment, maintain camp facilities, and provide critical camp staff training!
Workday Safety & Details
As we are still in a pandemic, we will be using the successful service weekend model the Order of the Arrow has already used this fall for Induction weekends.
- Work days are currently for adults only.
- Pre-registration is required for all work days.
- These will be day events only. No overnight accommodations will be available.
- Health screenings will occur at check-in
- No walk-ins will be allowed and space available for each work day will be determined by the tasks for the day so capacity may fluctuate.
- Cohorts will be maintained of no more than 10 people in a work group on site. Multiple cohorts will be needed each work day.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Although not all tasks will require one, certain activities may need the added safety like the close contact that comes from lifting heavy objects with a team.
Before You Arrive
- Staggered arrival times will happen between 9am and 9:30am to avoid a mass gathering at check in
- 40 people are allowed each day, separated in to 4 or 5 cohorts
- Please bring your own, lunch, mask, work gloves and attire.