Eagle Scout Scholarships
Congratulations on Your Achievement!
You have no doubt been told many times that the benefits of participation in Scouting last a lifetime. The same holds true for a college education.
Cascade Pacific Council Eagle Scout Scholarships
The Cascade Pacific Council offers 10 annual scholarships to outstanding Eagle Scouts residing in the Cascade Pacific Council who have distinguished themselves in accordance with the Scout Oath and Scout Law. There are 9 scholarships for $2,000 plus the top amount of $4,500!
To be eligible an Eagle Scout needs to be a high school senior residing in the council service area with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and demonstrated leadership. (Okay to earn the rank in another council.) Download the application form.
- Application: Fully completed, typed application form. Only the first 50 applications will be accepted.
- Essay: One page essay discussing how Scouting has influenced your life and developed your character.
- From your Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook: Copy of Eagle Scout Project Report- pages A-C
- One Letter of Reference from one of your Scouting leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- December 4, 2020 — Application period opens: Only first 50 applications accepted for consideration.
- January 15, 2021— Deadline for all materials to be turned in to the council service center in Portland. (Deposited in outdoor drop box by 5 pm on deadline or postmarked by deadline.)
- First full week of February, 2021— Finalists notified of interview schedule (Please don’t phone for status!)
- Week of February 8, 2021— Finalists interviewed to compete for top scholarship. (Digital meeting platform)
- Scholarships presented at council events (All winners are expected to attend to receive their scholarship.)
Royden M. Bodley Eagle SCOUT Scholarship
Another scholarship available for Eagle Scouts in the council is the Royden M. Bodley Scholarship. To be eligible, you must be an Eagle Scout from Cascade Pacific Council, attend an institution of higher education in Oregon, and pursue an education in forestry, wildlife conservation, environmental science or related fields that will continue your interest in the outdoors. This scholarship is available for up to four years, though an application must be completed annually.
Applications are available online at oregonstudentaid.gov beginning in October with an absolute deadline of March 1st for submission.