Cub Scouts! Prepare for STEM!
Each meeting covers a specific topic and will feature a fun activity to reinforce learning.
Use the links below to download the Lab Guide, Materials List, and Leader Guides for each topic. Presentations can be viewed in your browser.
Uncovering the Past
UP & AWAY
OUT OF THIS WORLD
Cub Scouts can Code
Why STEM Matters?
By 2028, STEM-related employment is expected to increase by nearly nine percent. Reports show that STEM positions offer some of the fastest-growing and highest-paid jobs, with over 80% of all new positions in the U.S. utilizing key STEM skills.
There are several ways that a STEM curriculum can benefit students.
- Improves logical thought process
- Builds problem-solving skills
- Develops project management skills
- Teaches time management
- Requires critical thinking
- Provides opportunities for teamwork and networking